When can you turn to my practice with symptoms?

When are you looking for help?

If you are experiencing psychological issues, for which you need help, you can always consult your general practitioner. He or she can provide assistance, possibly in association with a mental health practice consultant (POH GGZ). In most cases this is sufficient. Your general practitioner possesses knows of several treatment options. If these do not suffice, your general practitioner can refer you to a psychologist or psychotherapist. Help from these professionals can be offered within the healthcare sector ‘generalistische basis GGZ’ or within the healthcare sector ‘specialistische ggz’. This will depend on the seriousness of your symptoms and the treatment time. The ‘generalistische basis ggz’ is there to help you with minor till medium psychological issues. Special care ggz is primarily used for treatment of substantial psychological issues. Psychotherapeutic treatments are given within the ‘specialistische GGZ’

Psychological problems can have a multitude of causes and can show multiple forms of expression.

In my practice you can have a treatment for:

  • Depression
  • Fears and fobia’s
  • Trauma related problems
  • Fear for physical problems
  • Somatoform disorders
  • Issues following the experience of loss (loved ones, health, work).
  • Psychological problems connected with acquired brain injury (NAH) with non-wheelchair dependence.
  • Unwanted habits
  • Personality disorders
  • Partner relationship problems
  • Problems with interaction

There are several problems and disorders in which you will be unable to qualify for treatment in the practice, such as:

  • Psychotic disorders
  • Bipolar disorders
  • Suicidality
  • Alcohol- and/or drug abuse
  • Eating disorders


Psychotherapy is available in the following languages

  • Dutch
  • German
  • English
  • Maastrichts – Mestreechs